Birchleigh Guest house is situated in the centre of Grange over Sands. Grange is from the French "Graunge" which means granary. The monks of Cartmel Priory stored their grain here until thedissolution of the monasteries by Henry Vlll in 1536. The site can still be seen on the Main Street. Grange became popular with wealthy businessmen from the north of England in the late 19th Century.
Show businesses near Grange over Sands