Dryesdale Guesthouse was built in 1892* and is a former manse to the 'North Parish Church' which was a short 10 minute walk to No. 14 Love St. The church was open for worship in 1888 and closed in1982; it has since been demolished. The first occupants of the house were church ministers: the Rev. James B.D. Young lived in the manse until around 1924 and was followed by Rev. J.R. Merry from 1925 until 1952. Rev. Merry is remembered by many of the local elders.